Half a million of people in the world are facing mental stress issues. Mental disorder or imbalance is the common health issues reported. If the problem isn’t treated in the initial stage, then it increases resulting to major health issues. There are different mental disorder diseases faced by people, irrespective of the age. According to DR. Vipul Tyagi, we usually experience mental health issues due to overthinking, behavior, and stress over certain things. Moreover, there are factors contributing towards health problems:
- Biological factors
- Life Experience
- Family History
What is mental health?
In simple words, mental health refers to a person’s emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It defines how well you behave socially and in personal life. It defines how your behavioral health is in a different situation. If our behavioral health is strong, then we can manage in fighting against-
- Memory loss
- Alzheimer’s disease
However, if we are not strong psychologically, then any of the above mentioned disease can take a toll on us. This is the reason why mental health is really important.
Why it is important?
According to one study, more than 450 million people suffer mental health issues. The mental health is also linked with the quality of life we live. Our quality of life has a major impact on our mental health. Let us now check why mental health is really important in our life:
- Both physical health and mental health are associated, and any problem without mental issues can lead to heart and vascular diseases.
- Mental diseases can also showcase its negative effect on health behavior like eating, workout, sleep and social behavior.
- People who are largely under the mental disorder issue will engage more in consumption of alcohol and tobacco. This certainly leads to further health issue. So it becomes very important to follow strong mental health.
- Extreme mental health can also lead to depression, which is more dangerous for our health.
- Medically ill patients facing depression will further face the issue and will have the worst outcome.
- An illness like heart disease and cancer also causes mental sickness.
Overcoming the mental disorder:
Implementing the medication for mental illness is extremely important to face long term issues. Consulting with a reputed psychiatrist can be very helpful to overcome the problem. During the treatment, the doctor would help in injecting positivity into the patient and try best to bring out the fear and negativity out. Upon clearing out negativity, the patient will certainly feel much relaxed than before.
The next important thing is to work upon your diet. Food plays a major role in injecting good nutrients into your brain and helps psychologically. Green foods are much appealing visually and health wise too. Your psychiatrist will help you to list down the food best for mental health. Make a list of food items that you must include for your lunch and dinner.
One of the most important methods to overcome mental illness is to workout daily. Be it for few minutes or an hour, engaging in some activities will really bring difference in your thought process and overall mental issues.
It is important that you come out of behavioral health problems and mental health issues as early as possible to avoid further sickness in future.