New Delhi: The last date for linking PAN –Aadhaar is Today, 2021 and failing to satisfy the deadline might end in attracting a late fee also .
The previous deadline for linking PAN card with Aadhaar was June 30, 2020. In June 2020, the Central Board Of Direct Taxes (CBDT) issued a notification to extend the deadline for linking the permanent account number (PAN) card with the Aadhaar Card. PAN card holders also must note that if their PAN card isn’t linked with Aadhaar card by Today, then it’ll become inoperative.
Meanwhile, if you think that that your PAN could be linked together with your Aadhaar already, you’ll this direct link to understand the status.
Permanent Account Number (PAN) can be a unique ten digit alphanumeric number issued by the tax department. The laminated plastic card popularly referred to as PAN card is a crucial financial document.
Government has made access to many important documents available from the comfort of people’s homes within the wake of COVID-19. If you’ve got not yet linked your Aadhaar card with PAN, you’ll follow the method online.
1. so as to link PAN and Aadhaar cards, tax payers need to first register on the tax e-Filing portal
2. Log in to the e-Filing portal of the tax Department by entering the log-in ID, password and date of birth
3. After punching within the details, you’ll even have to feed a code
4. On logging in to the location , a crop up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card
5. If not, you’ll attend Profile setting and opt the “Link Aadhaar” button
6. clock in the small print like name, date of birth and gender. it’ll be already mentioned by you during registration on the e-Filing portal
7. Verify the small print on screen with those mentioned on your Aadhaar card
8. If the small print match, enter your Aadhaar card number and click on on the “link now” button
9. you will get a message that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.